Saturday, January 3, 2009

new year lists

i have never been one for making new year's resolutions. i feel like they might work for some people but i just never put much effort into it.

today i read a magazine article that instead made a different list. the first of three lists is writing down some things you are proud of from 2008. the second is an "i won't criticize..." list. the third is an "i can't wait to..." list. i thought that was a brilliant idea and a good way to start out the year. i think i will have my kids make lists like this too. i always enjoy what they have to say because they are so honest.

so in the spirit of the third day of the new year. here is a start to my lists.

1. I am proud of...
  • how much i have grown as a teacher
  • finding time to balance between work, keeping myself healthy, and being in a relationship
  • taking risks
  • biking more
  • doing what i say i will do
  • being proactive about my health

2. I will not criticize...
  • myself for not being perfect
  • myself when i take much needed rest and relaxation
  • my students for honest mistakes
3. I can't wait to...
  • practice yoga
  • sing in a group
  • offer spanish classes for adults wanting to learn spanish
  • visit friends in other states
that is just a start but what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment